Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Back 'home'

I keep writing scraps of posts and then not posting them. I wrote a whole torrent about san francisco at the airport which I just discovered I didn't save properly. I'd just left with tears in my eyes (I'll try and explain why in another post). Followed by a phone call home from the taxi - I'd finally worked out the time difference and the length of my flight - I'd been ignoring such things - and realised I had to ring right then. I couldn't face London with all my heavy (far too heavy) bags and no where to go but sofas so I rang at the last point and escaped to my parents house. Coming home without a home to go to just wouldn't have been the same. Lovely somerset and the easiness of a family home eased the transition back to London with nothing but a job and a long list of life admin crises to sort out.

That's not true, not nothing. It's not just 'a job' of course. And my evenings are fast filling up with friend reunions and I've been touched by how much people want to see me again. I thought 2 months would have only felt like quite such a long time to me because of the amount that was rammed into it, but it turns out the summer is over and the year has moved on quite a bit since my last weekend here (big chill - what a weekend).

Still not sure where I'm going with this blog. I'm going to throw some of my random thoughts and findings from the last few weeks at it and see what you think of it all. They won't be in order. Sorry. Not only was I not online but I wasn't contactable by email or phone for a whole 10 days. And no internet access points or phone chargers in campsite toilets were going to change that :)

So I have scribblings from a notebook and memories of things I want to say that I may try and share some of here, before the memories fade too far and London in the party season takes over. (I know I love it really, but right now I'm still resisting the transition and dreaming of empty campsites by the colorado river and canyon hikes and the milky way and the full moon... and no emails to answer just new friends and new mountain hikes to get to know)

No comments: