Saturday, 29 August 2009

Eskimo loving



Eskimo Wedding Vow
You are my husband/wife
My feet shall run because of you.
My feet dance because of you.
My eyes see because of you.
My mind thinks because of you.
And I shall love because of you.



Not having anyone in particular to share this with right now I just thought I'd share it with whoever is reading this. And then you can share it with someone.



It's perfect.



(I almost don't want to spoil this post by saying that the website I found on it had it followed by the Lord's prayer. That was what was there to represent an English wedding vow on a page full of different culture's wedding blessings. I wish I was an eskimo.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well when you get married it's up to you to choose your wedding vow, you don't have to be an eskimo to use theirs!

Rhiannon Roberts said...

ha ha I know... it's more that I much prefer what this vow says about an eskimo approach to marriage compared to a western/christian idea.

farmer Martin said...

This is simply spoken, simply true. Beyond cynicism, beyond time, culture and age.
It is about giving oneself up to real or true love. Beyond selfishness which gives back a thousand fold. (A Christian teaching too though).
But a crucial message environmentally.
By all means live your life as though you would die tomorrow but care for the land (and the earth and your true love) as though you would live for ever.